No one can predict when a sudden illness or accident may leave you unable to make personal healthcare decisions. Who would speak for you if you could not speak for yourself? Would they know what to say about what medical treatment you would, or would not, want? Would they follow your preferences regarding other aspects of your care?
Regardless of where you are in your life – whether you’re healthy and young, or living with chronic illness – Advance Care Planning (ACP) builds the foundation for a lifetime of conversations to ensure that as your life unfolds your preferences for healthcare are known. The culmination of these conversations is an Advance Directive, a legal document that should be shared with your family members, patient advocates, and healthcare providers.
“It’s About the Conversation”: Values-based Decision Making is a presentation designed to help you understand more about:
- What is Advance Care Planning (ACP)?
- How do I choose an effective Patient Advocate?
- Patient Advocate Boot Camp: How to effectively speak on someone’s behalf.
- Does my existing Advance Directive meet my needs (Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare)?
- Steps to creating an effective Advance Directive.
- How to easily make your Advance Directive available to hospitals.
At the end of the presentation, you will have the opportunity to schedule a FREE appointment with a trained ACP Facilitator to help you clarify your preferences for care, help you talk with your chosen Patient Advocate(s) about your preferences, and prepare your personal Advance Directive.
This event is held at: