What: It’s About the Conversation
When: Thursday, January 24, 2019: 1 PM to 3 PM
Where: Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan:
3215 Eaglecrest Drive NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Presented by: Carol F. Robinson DNP, RN, CHPN®
No one can predict when a sudden illness or accident may leave you unable to make personal healthcare decisions. Who would speak for you if you could not speak for yourself? Would they know what to say about what medical treatment you would, or would not, want?
“It’s About the Conversation”: Advance Care Planning is a presentation designed to help you understand more about:
- What is Advance Care Planning (ACP)?
- How do I choose an effective Patient Advocate?
- Patient Advocate Boot Camp: How to effectively speak on someone’s behalf.
- Does my existing Advance Directive meet my needs (Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare)?
- Steps to creating an effective Advance Directive.
- How to easily make your Advance Directive available to hospitals.
At the end of the presentation, you will have several options to gain control over your future healthcare:
- Schedule a FREE appointment with a trained ACP Facilitator to help you clarify your preferences for care, help you talk with your chosen Patient Advocate(s) about your preferences, and prepare your personal Advance Directive.
- Bring your current Advance Directive (AD) with you for GLHC registration.