Meet Making Choices Michigan's speakers.
David P. Blauw, M.S., M.Div. BCC
David Blauw has a Master of Divinity degree from Western Theological Seminary and a Masters in Counseling from Loyola University of Maryland. He completed his healthcare chaplaincy training at The University of Chicago Hospitals and The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
David is a Board Certified Chaplain in The Association of Professional Chaplains. Since 1994, David has been the leader of Spiritual Care Services at Holland Hospital. He is the Chair of the Holland Hospital Bioethics Committee. He has also been involved The Parish Nurse Institute, through Marquette University, teaching Parish Nurses about Spiritual Care.
Since 2002, David has been co-leading The Stories Workshop for caregivers at conferences and seminars around the nation, teaching listening skills, team building and sensitivity to the spiritual needs of patients.
More recently, David certified as a First Step® ACP Facilitator through the Respecting Choices program. He has joined the Board of Directors for Making Choices Michigan, fostering conversations about healthcare decision-making and end-of-life care.
Dave Kampfschulte M.Ed., B.A.
Through his business (Amazing Circles Workshops), Dave facilitates interactive workshops that encourage communication, self-reflection, and personal growth within schools, hospitals, hospice programs, businesses, not-for-profit organizations and churches. Dave’s core belief is “everyone is a story.”
As a Making Choices Michigan First Step® volunteer facilitator, Dave honors each person’s story with attention and care. Known for his empathy and excellent communication skills, Dave helps individuals create an advance directive reflective of one’s own personal values, beliefs, and preferences for end-of-life care.
- Group Facilitator www.amazingcircles.net
- I’m Dying to Talk with You: Twenty-Five Years of Conversations on End of Life Decisions.
- Amazing Circles: Creating and facilitating a safe emotional environment and the educational power of story
- Hospice Volunteer for 28 years
- Preceptor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- MEd (1982) Education. Grand Valley State University
- BA (1974) Social Studies and Pre-Law. Michigan State University.
- Respecting Choices First Step® Instructor (2015)
- Respecting Choices First Step® Facilitator (2014)
- Grief Recovery Institute: Grief Specialist (2010)
Carol F. Robinson DNP, MS, BSN, RN, CHPN®
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Community Coordinator, Making Choices Michigan
Dr. Robinson has had a varied nursing career in both clinical and administrative leadership positions. Her passion for the care of chronically ill patients and families led to extensive experience with patient/family communication relative to quality of life and treatment preferences.
Her scholarly work has focused on communication skills for health professionals, including advance care planning conversations. Her friendly and open approach has helped many individuals create an advance directive reflective of one’s own personal values, beliefs, and preferences for end-of-life care.
Carol is the Community Coordinator for Making Choices Michigan, a West Michigan non-profit organization devoted to encouraging and facilitating advance health care planning by the people of West Michigan. She also serves as an Adjunct Faculty member at Grand Valley State University-Kirkhof College of Nursing
- DNP (2012) Health Systems Leadership ~ Grand Valley State University, Kirkhof
- College of Nursing
- BSN (’82) and MS-Nursing (’90) ~ Arizona State University, College of Nursing and
- Healthcare Innovation
- AA (’78) Respiratory Therapy ~ Gateway Community College in Phoenix, AZ
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) 2015
- Respecting Choices First Steps Instructor 2013
- End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) Trainer 2012
- Respecting Choices First Steps Facilitator 2011
Rozanne Turner, MEd, BSN, RN
Ms. Turner has expertise in a variety of nursing specialties. In her spare time, she serves as a hospice volunteer. Rozanne is a First and Last Step® Advance Care Planning (ACP) facilitator. She serves Making Choices Michigan in multiple capacities. She is on the Board of Directors, Advisory Team, and Community Steering Committee. Working with Respecting Choices®, Rozanne has assisted with facilitator training, design and implementation of community-based pilots and case management telephonic ACP.
- Masters in Adult, Secondary and Higher Education ~ Grand Valley State University
- BSN ~ University of Minnesota School of Nursing
- First Steps® and Last Steps® Advance Care Planning facilitator